Saturday, August 20, 2011

Spinach Banana Strawberry Smoothie


I made my first "green" smoothie!

Ingredients:
  • About 12 oz of liquid---1/2 was water, 1/2 was orange juice
  • Almost 1 banana (my baby got a few slices before it went in the blender)
  • 1 1/2 handfuls of spinach
  • The leaves off of 2 stalks of kale
  • Milled flax seed (I didn't measure, but it was probably 2-4 Tb)
  • About 2 handfuls of frozen strawberries
Directions:

Put liquids in, then add the rest of the ingredients, and blend!

Notes about this recipe:
  1. "Green" smoothies are usually green, but if you add berries or other red fruits they turn brownish. Don't let the color scare you!
  2. My baby LOVES smoothies, and she liked today's "green" one too! I think kids and smoothies are a great combination.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Miriam isn't too fond of fruit and smoothies are one of the only ways I can get her to eat/drink them. She was even asking for a green smoothie last week, but I was out of spinach.