Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pasta Primavera


I found this recipe at Whole Food Mommies. It comes from a book by Rip Esselstyn called The Engine 2 Diet. The blogger had permission to post from the author, and to honor copyright laws I will not re-post it here, but please go here to find this yummy recipe!

It is a pasta dish that incorporates kale, corn, and red pepper. Not a mix I usually think of when making pasta, but it was delish! (My husband and baby both enjoyed it as well!)

Notes about the recipe:
  1. I forgot to put my cashew nuts on top! I'll have to try that part out next time.
  2. I didn't use the jalapeno pepper.
  3. I chose to use red pepper instead of green.
  4. I did the first 2 steps of the directions, but before I added the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce I took out half of my sauted veggies to save for a later meal. Then I used 1/2 the amount of diced tomatoes and just over 1/2 the sauce. (I had only cooked about 1/2 the amount of pasta as well.)

No comments: