Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What is a Vegetable Collaboration?

For the last 2 months my husband and I decided we wanted to try eating more meatless dinners.

Why?

Our main reason was our personal interpretation and application of modern day revelation regarding health. Plus, it leads to healthier eating habits, and according to my dear friend, Katie (a plant and wildlife expert, in my book, and PKU mom), "the less meat we all eat the more food there is to go around (it takes a lot less land to produce a pound of non-meat protein than meat protein)." (See more of her blog post here.)

Then, after talking with multiple friends, I realized there are a lot of people trying to eat more meatless dinners. The main trip-ups were feeling like they couldn't find any good recipes to use, or just repeating the ones they had found that were tasty and getting sick of eating them.

The wheels in my head began turning and I decided to host a collaborative blog where we could share recipes we found, tested, and decided they were delicious.

So here comes the collaborative part. If you find a delicious, non-meat dish send me the recipe and I will post it on the blog for everyone else.

In your emails please include:
  • a picture (if you can)
  • any changes you made to the recipe
  • where you found it (web link or recipe book title)
  • what part of the meal you would use it for (main dish, side dish, etc)
Life would be really hard if we all relied on our own efforts in everything that we did, which is why collaborating is so important. Hopefully this will make dinner planning a little easier and keep your family interested in eating veggie meals!

No comments: