Monday, December 3, 2012

Cauliflower Pesto


Sorry for the lack of posts these last few weeks! I have lots to share, but life gets busy, as I'm sure you can all relate.

This recipe comes to you straight from my noggin. I was thinking about roasted cauliflower and how delicious it was. Then I started thinking about pesto, and how I wished I could eat it (cheese hates me). THEN I got a brilliant idea that WORKED! So this is for all you dairy allergy/lactose intolerant folks. Or it's for anyone who needs a little more veggie in their life. So delicious you'll want to just eat it out of the blender on a spoon (at least me and my toddler did!).

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup roasted cauliflower (about 1/2 a small head)
  • 1 cup loose packed fresh basil leaves
  • 1/3 cup cashews (or pinenuts)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
Directions:
  1. Roast your cauliflower. To do this, chop it into florets, then toss with 1 Tb. olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to your taste. Cook in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes, stir on cooking sheet, then cook an additional 5-10 min.
  2. Put all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and blend. Then add the olive oil and blend till well mixed and creamy.
  3. Enjoy on all things pesto related! I personally loved using this on my Naan Bread Pizza recipe.

No comments: