Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas


The first time I heard of roasted chickpeas was when I found a recipe for Roasted Chickpea Fajitas, which I will definitely be posting soon. Then I needed them again for Cauliflower Power Tacos. And that's when I discovered how delicious these are just as a snack. After several attempts to get the flavoring to my satisfaction I have finally found the perfect combo.

Ingredients:
  • 2-15 oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Tb olive oil
  • 3 Tb lime juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp chili powder
Directions:
  1.  Put chickpeas in a medium bowl. 
  2. Combine olive oil, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano, and chili powder. Pour over chickpeas. Stir till all coated.
  3. Pour out on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then stir and return to the oven for 10 more minutes. If they aren't crispy enough for your liking at this point put them back in for another 5 minutes or so.
  4. Cool on pan and enjoy!

2 comments:

Lillian said...

I just made these and they are awesome! I never thought it could be possible to OD on chickpeas...who knew?

Karen said...

I'm so glad you liked them! I can't get enough of them either which is why I had to post about them!